Bone joints are very sensitive to intoxication. Any infection or disease, nervousness and other factors can cause pain. Feelings of anxiety, by themselves, do not yet indicate the presence of any disease in the body. When pain occurs as a result of injury or overload, the disease manifests itself in the form of sharp pain sensations. What to do when the joints hurt, what are the causes of pain in the body?
What is joint pain
Medically, joint pain is called arthralgia. It develops when the nerve endings in the synovial sac are affected. Persistent pain is the first sign of bone disease. It worsens the quality of life, the emotional background. Self-medication can lead to a chronic form of the disease, and even greater damage. The main symptom of arthralgia is the periodic onset of excruciating pain.
How joints hurt
Pain itself is not a disease, it is just a symptom of other diseases - both contagious and non-contagious. The perception of how painful joints feel depends on the condition of the nervous system. A balanced body has virtually no response to the slightest disturbance, and an emotionally unstable person has little pain threshold. Pain in strength and duration can be characterized as follows:
- tolerant - intolerant;
- weak - strong;
- acute - chronic;
- often - rare;
- passes fast - long lasting.
If you have joint pain for more than a month, it is considered a chronic form. With the right treatment, it takes a while (remission phase), but then reappears (exacerbation phase). Joints can cause a sharp drop in ambient temperature, physical overload, improper diet, overweight and frequent stressful situations.
Why they hurt
The causes of joint pain may be hidden in ongoing pathological processes (tension, inflammation, metabolic diseases). These include synovitis, arthritis, gout, osteoarthritis and more. Typical for such diseases. Various factors that can be used to identify a risk group can be a cause for concern:
- over 50 years old;
- genetic predisposition;
- congenital defects;
- chronic diseases;
- gender (women are more affected);
- Periods when a person is overweight.
Why do muscles ache in the extremities where there is connective tissue? This may be due to a violation of blood circulation in the synovium. An unbalanced diet can also cause pain and stiffness. The diet should be rich in essential vitamins and minerals (calcium, phosphorus, boron). An inactive lifestyle is another cause of pain in all joints at the same time, something that a person suffers from.
Why the whole body and joints hurt
Pain in most joints of the body can have different origins. The most common cause is increased physical activity, followed by a pleasant tiredness (ankle joint - pain when walking, shoulders). This may also be related to:
- Fever infections (infectious arthritis, a virus that affects the hip joint);
- intestinal inflammation;
- disorders of the hematopoietic system;
- autoimmune inflammatory processes;
- exacerbation of arthritis or osteoarthritis;
All joint and spine pain
The main cause of this phenomenon is considered to be a malfunction of cartilage metabolism. This is accompanied by loss of smoothness, roughness, loss of synovial joint fluid, and the formation of cracks. The deformation process can be caused by the following reasons:
- sedentary lifestyle;
- professional sports;
- advanced infections, inflammatory diseases;
- Sharp jumps in body weight.
Knee and elbow
These body parts consist of a combination of several bones (joints) covered with cartilage tissue. A characteristic lesion can be on one side or on both sides at the same time. There is less muscle and fat in the knees and elbows and they are felt. It is easy for an experienced doctor to recognize the cause of the disease (osteoarthritis of the knee joint, acute arthritis of the shoulder joints, rheumatoid arthritis, etc. ). It could be:
- chronic inflammation of the synovial ducts;
- changes due to cartilage erosion, joint deformation;
- systemic disease;
In order for a rheumatologist to make a correct diagnosis and prescribe appropriate treatment, an analysis of the painful symptoms that are bothering him is carried out, diagnosed with all the necessary tool techniques. Nature and place of pathology:is determined using
- ultrasound examination;
- Studies of synovial fluid.
The treatment methods and techniques for the joints are different for each individual situation. They are divided into therapeutic (including surgery, massage, physiotherapy, sports) and alternative (non-traditional methods of traditional medicine). Which treatment method is used for joint pain, the doctor decides after a thorough examination of the patient, taking into account the individual characteristics of the patient, the degree of limited mobility.
This method is aimed at reducing inflammatory processes in joint tissues and joint membranes. Medications do not eliminate the problem, but they do relieve pain in the damaged joint space. To do this, use non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) (ointments, tablets, injections).
You must consult a doctor before using folk remedies. The following methods are popular and effective:
- bay leaf. To prepare a remedy requires 30 leaves, pour 0, 5 liters of boiling water, boil for 5 minutes. Insist the resulting juice for 3 hours and start drinking for 12 hours. Repeat the procedure for 3 days, then take a break for 7 days. The course should not be more than 2 times a year.
- Gelatin. A compress should be made from this substance: the napkin is immersed in warm water, squeezed, soaked in gelatin, folded in layers and wrapped in cling film and applied to the skin at night. It is useful to take gelatin internally.
- Rice. Boiled rice washes away salts, which can be identified by a characteristic crisis. First, it must be immersed in water - the longer it is, the better, it is emptied from time to time. Food is consumed on an empty stomach, without salt, for 40 days.